It takes all kinds...

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:20:31 +0100

Morning Daniel,

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Morgan [mailto:damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com] Posted At: Friday, June 27, 2003 5:30 PM Posted To: server
Conversation: It takes all kinds...
Subject: Re: It takes all kinds...

>> As the sole American here ... I'm a bit concerned about your quote
marks
>> around the word 'normal'.

>> Define 'normal'. ;-)

I believe 'normal' is one of those definitions which depends on the currently accepted views of the majority. Unless, of course, you live in a democracy, whereby the views of the party in power becomes 'normal' regardless of the fact that they were elected on the promise of looking after the views of the 'majority'.

However, we fall for it every time, and in the end, the views of the party count more than the views of the people who put said part in power. Boy, we never ever learn do we ?

(Mind you, after voting Dubya in, I suspect Americans *will* have learned - hopefully :o) - he couldn't be voted in again could he ...)

Cheers,
Norm.

(On his last day in Technical Services as a DBA. No longer required because "everything is running wonderfully" - do a good job and get stiffed !)

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk