Re: Partitions for relatively small tables

From: viktor <vikingil_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jun 2003 02:27:31 -0700

Hi,
I currently have 14 tables each should populate with 5000 rows in a half an hour and this is only now...
This is a real performance issue and I want to squeeze the best out of my system which (you guest it) isn't that new nor fast. Will partitioning will gain me performance? Is there are reasons why I shouldn't use them on relatively small tables?
As I asked before I also referring to working with the table after the load issues like performing selects and removing data... Thanks,
Viktor