Can't import from 8.05 to 9.3i need help

From: splashy <member32127_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:36:09 +0000

Hi guys,

Firstly let me apologise for my complete lack of knowledge in terms of oracle but I have a job to do and well I'm struggling to do it to be honest.

I have an export dump from an Oracle 8 db, that I need to get into a new 9i instance. The problem is that the old export wants to create dictionary manged tablespaces and the new db uses locally manged tablesapces.

All i get at the moment is "cannot create dictionary manged tablespaces" error messages.

Can you tell me what I need to do to overcome this problem in simple steps if possible please.

Thanks in advance for any help offered,

:)