Re: Docs on a handheld?

From: John Russell <netnews6_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 05:21:03 GMT

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:48:58 GMT, andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote:

>You can get a 'fat' PDA like sharp zaurus (runs linux), bigger screen,
>can read pdfs, can get an SD card to store a gig fo data.
>Of course it's twice as think and twice as heavy as my palm vx and a
>little longer.
>
>On 27 Jun 2003 01:29:58 -0700, pagesflames_at_usa.net (Dusan Bolek)
>wrote:
>>
>>My very selected just Oracle 9i documentation has now more than 100MB.
>>I think that extra storage cards are still not enough big to compete
>>with Oracle docs. :-(

For my Palm IIIc replacement, I am looking at the Sony CLIE PEG-NX70V. It takes Sony's memory sticks for expansion, and also has a Compact Flash slot for wireless, which can be used for expansion memory with a 3rd-party driver.

I have either a 64 MB or 128 MB memory stick hanging around in my video camera, and about a dozen Compact Flash cards from successive generations of digital cameras, up to 512 MB. So the extra storage shouldn't be a strain on the wallet. Prices on the memory have plummeted, the trick is having a handheld that can take them.

John

--
Photo gallery: http://www.pbase.com/john_russell/