Re: My database is too fast

From: JEDIDIAH <jedithezealot_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2003 13:22:41 -0700

Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message news:<bdh2ud$s9f$1_at_ctb-nnrp2.saix.net>...
> Dear Comp.Databases.Oracle.Server,
>
> I have loaded 77 million rows into a single partition in a partition table.
> The other partitions are empty.

Can you hash partition this badboy? Hash partitions get pretty good distribution. Oracles voodoo hash is pretty good. My data comes out in sort of a bell curve, but not too badly unbalanced.

Can sqlserver even handle a table with 2 Billion rows, or 10 Billion?

[deletia] Received on Fri Jun 27 2003 - 15:22:41 CDT