Re: Simply viewing data in a database

From: Stephen_CA <stephen.bell_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 27 Jun 2003 07:07:41 -0700

Hi,

I agree with Sybrand on this one..every couple of months someone troops over with a new GUI tool for me to try.Invariably, I find myself back using SQL*Plus
in no time. The problem is, if you never learn SQL and perform all your operations by clicking or "dragging and dropping" you become very product specific. If you switch jobs and they don't use that product you find yourself standing there like a deer in headlights..

My two cents,

Steve