Re: Recreating your control files

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:26:17 +1000

"Anna C. Dent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:q%MKa.112554$MJ5.59901_at_fed1read03...
> Peter wrote:
> > When you recreate your control files for a crash recovery, why would
> > that be a safe thing to do?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> IT IS LIKE GIVING CHICKEN SOUP TO A DEAD MAN.
> It can't hurt & in a few cases it might help.

Hi Anna,

The only time I can think giving chicken soup to a dead man might help is if it's cooked by my dear aunt's in Spain where the quality of her soup is extremely dubious (as is the chicken ingredient) and probably caused the fatality in the first place ...

Cheers

Richard Received on Fri Jun 27 2003 - 08:26:17 CDT