Re: Export/Import Using Oracle XML

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:59:18 +1000

"Leo J. Hart IV" <leo.hart_at_nospam.fmr.com> wrote in message news:xVBKa.161$Mn.46_at_news-srv1.fmr.com...

> So I take it that means you aren't sure of a best approach in regards to
> this problem either, no?

No. ;)

> NOT be the way to go, but in my case, where I'm dealing with small amounts
> of data that need to be in a format EASILY readable and manipulated by a
> user that might not know SQL, but could understand XML, my approach seems to
> be the best solution.

I can see your point, but let me just say something here: I sincerely doubt that ANY user will ever find XML easily readable and "manipulatable". Ever!
As for comparing a DML like SQL to a DOM-tree in XML, in terms of useability?... ;)

> If anyone is familiar with a better solution, I would welcome any additional
> options.

Have a look at my earlier reply to another of your posts? Hopefully, that will help. At least, that's how I'd approach it with Oracle.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto