Re: Determine value of SHARED_POOL_RESERVED_MIN_ALLOC

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:20:42 +0200

Terry Dykstra <dontreply_tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca> schreef in berichtnieuws 5NEKa.9304$ZS3.1115781_at_news2.telusplanet.net...
| In 8i this parameter is hidden. But in reading techdoc 146599.11 it
| mentions this parameter to help diagnosing ora-4031 (which I'm running
| into). I'm running 81741 SE and need to determine what the current value
is
| of shared_pool-reserved_min_alloc. How do I do that?
|
| --
| Terry Dykstra
| Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.

Have a look at http://www.ixora.com.au/scripts. First read the requirements. Choose "parameters" to find a script that lists hidden paramters. Choose "shared pool" to find some interesting scripts to investigate the shared pool.
Also consider pinning large objects in the shared pool so they don't get aged out (but you probably know about that already). Check for fragmentation of the shared pool. When sql statements use literals instead of bind variables they can cause big fragmentation troubles. If so consider setting parameter cursor_sharing = force. Read Metalink note 61623.1. It describes a query that shows what is flushed out of the shared pool to get something loaded into it. A very nice X$ view: after every select (!) it's empty again. Received on Thu Jun 26 2003 - 13:20:42 CDT