Re: Tuning tools: OEM and/or EMC ControlCenter dababase tuner

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:32:22 +0300

AFAIK, EMCs Controlcenter dbtuner is just SAN and disk array tuning utility with integration to major database vendors software (i.e. you can see on which actual disks your datafiles reside, allow resolving disk bottlenecks etc..).

But OEM is whole Oracle database management software, not just limited to IO tuning. Actually Oracle9i has IO topology feature, which should be able to help on (or help to understand better) physical disk issues with EMC and some other vendors, but I think EMC's software is much more mature currently.

Tanel.