your experiences to cpu-consumption on multi-cpu-hardware

From: moosandl <ralf.moosandl_at_nkk.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:53:17 +0100

hi group,

I am collecting facts about the topic above regarding oracle 8.1.7 ( .3 SE) and w2k-server and one SID with heavy workload.
and I am very interested in your experiences and comments, as I do not understand why one (of 10 different machines) shows a maximum CPU-load of about 100% at a 4-CPU-machine. All the other machines show me 25% as a CPU-load-maximum - by the way, this is what I expect.

In my opinion one oracle.exe consumes 100% of only one CPU as a maximum and
this CPU-load is shared via the OS with all other CPUs.

thank you,
ralf moosandl Received on Thu Jun 26 2003 - 09:53:17 CDT