Re: Statspack and Enqueue wait times

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:44:08 +1000

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3EF9CF1E.AF8E4E1D_at_exxesolutions.com...

> Looking for a good source I can point my students to with respect to
tracing.
> Something more tutorial with step-by-step than the standard otn documents.
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi Daniel,

Metalink has a number of notes with regarding to tracing to get you started. These include:

Note: 21154.1 Event 10046 enable SQL statement tracing Note: 39817.1 Interpreting RAW 10046 output

There are also some excellent articles by Cary Millsap and Jeff Holt on their Hotsos site (www.hotsos.com)

Steve Adams as usual has lots on good stuff on tracing (www.ixora.com.au)

Then there's what's in my head but I fear your students might be traumatised by what else they might find in there ...

Cheers

Richard Received on Thu Jun 26 2003 - 07:44:08 CDT