WHENEVER SQLERROR does'nt always work

From: Guy <ni4ni_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2003 05:09:48 -0700

Hi

I have a set of sql scripts that creates several tables and them populates them with rows (via insert statements). Each script begins with WHENEVER SQLERROR... and WHENEVER OSERROR... So it should halt once an error occures. I thought this will cover all possible errors.
The problem is that it doesnt work with all kinds of errors. For example, if I wrote "nsert into" instead of "insert into" then SQL*PLUS throws this error message: SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "NSERT INTO..." but execution doesnt stop.

Does it mean that WHENEVER SQLERROR doesnt catch "SP2" errors ? is there a way to catch this kind of errors ? I could'nt find a clue in SQL*PLUS documentation.

T.I.A

Guy Received on Thu Jun 26 2003 - 07:09:48 CDT