Re: (SERVER=SHARED) connections work but (SERVER=DEDICATED) does not

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:03:32 +0200

On 25 Jun 2003 06:35:54 -0700, jpsebasti_at_hotmail.com (JP) wrote:

>This is how I setup my tnsnames.ora file to use a dedicated server
>which generates the error message above.
>testdb =
> (description=
> (address=(protocol=tcp)(host=172.27.248.12)(port=1521))
> (connect_data=
> (sid=testdb)
> (instance_name=testdb)
> (server=dedicated)
> ))
>

>Anyone have any ideas why the MTS connections (i.e. (SERVER=SHARED) )
>work but dedicated connections do not?

Evidently you didn't read the documentation prior to setting up mts. You are using the mts parameters in the v7 fashion. The mts_listener parameter is obsolete and shouldn't be used, the mts_dispatchers parameter has different syntax and is now used to set up all of mts. Please read the documentation and revise your mts parameter accordingly.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jun 25 2003 - 12:03:32 CDT