8.1.7.4.0 Server & 8.05 ODBC

From: Tim Marshall <tmarshal_at_morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:38:13 -0230

We've recently upgraded from an 8.05 server to 8.1.7.4.0. I'm still using the ODBC driver for 8.05 but have been experiencing problems, so I've downloaded the 8.1.7.8b driver, which appears to be the latest on the Oracle ODBC drivers site.

My question is, can I just install the new driver on my PC? I'm assuming the registry entries will be different for the new driver compared to the older one and when I'm setting up DSNs with the new driver installed I'll be given the choice of choosing between both drivers?

Thanks very much in advance for any clarification on this.

--
Tim - http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
 ^o<