Re: Help needed performing an offline oracle backup using Arcserve

From: Badbark <badbark_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Jun 2003 01:38:32 -0700

Thanks for the advice guys.
A 695 page book on Oracle backup and recovery! Oh shit, seems like this could be a lot more difficult than I thought.

So if I understand correctly the following would stop the Oracle Service on my Server-

oradim -shutdown -SID OracleServiceLive [-USRPWD] [-SHUTMODE i]

What about starting it up again?

Thanks
Badbark