Re: Can Updates with subselect cause ORA-1562 rollback errors. DBA says he has no idea of cause.

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:14:00 GMT

"johnston" <johnston_at_thot.com> wrote in message news:3ef8cbe0$0$92679$45beb828_at_newscene.com...
> We are experieincing a critcal problem with a production app. We are getting
>
> ORA-01562: failed to extend rollback segment number 8
> ORA-01650: unable to extend rollback segment R07 by 128 in tablespace RBS

At the time of error (before issuing commit/rollback): What do v$rollstat, v$transaction show?
Also post contents of dba_rollback_segments and %full status of rollback tablespace at the time of error. Does the small table have triggers causing dml equating to lot of rollback usage? Do you assign a rollback segment for your batch transactions (i.e. the big transactions)? .....

And lastly: What is your DBA's excuse of not implementing UNDO tablespace (undo management auto)?

Anurag Received on Tue Jun 24 2003 - 19:14:00 CDT