Re: How many releases for Oracle Applications E-Business 11i?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:36:59 +0300

Hi!

The release 11.5.x is just a summary name for bunch of products with certain versions which have been put to one package.

But one thing is sure - if you might get away without any patching for your database server application, then for Oracle E-Business Suite you have to get used with the idea, that you continuously patch your production system. At least first few years after implementation and that is if you don't make major changes or use additional functionality in your environment.

For example, I have an 11.5.3 installation, where half of the files are actually versions 11.5.7, 11.5.8 or even 11.5.9 (though the package isn't out yet). So, the 11.5.x release number gets kind of obscure right after you patch your system.

Tanel.