RMAN questions

From: bcjm <oldcar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Jun 2003 11:20:46 -0700

8.1.6, NT, with catalog

  1. Is there a way to add the current date to the backup file or is there a way to derive the date from the value of %t?
  2. How do you delete the obsolete backup file (backupset) automatically? Say I do a full backup to disk daily. I only want to keep the past 7 days backupset. I did not find a commend which allows me to delete backupset that are older than 7 days. For archivelog file I can issue "change archivelog until time='sysdate-7' delete;" but not the backupset.

Thanks Received on Tue Jun 24 2003 - 13:20:46 CDT