Tablespace, Diskspace or sql abuse..

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:17:12 +0100

As with may things Oracle, it depends !!

It depends on what the query is actually trying to do, also on whether the database was properly designed and normalised (or denormalised as appropriate !),
and probably lots of other things that I can't quite remember at the moment !

On the other hand, if said query is performing a cartesian join to itself (three times) then this is probably not a good thing.

HTH Cheers,
Norm.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator