Re: It takes all kinds...

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 23 Jun 2003 21:44:18 -0700

Franklin <member29243_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3036033.1056419887_at_dbforums.com>...

> The TUSC consultants command $450/hr because clients are willing to pay
> that price. If they were percieved to be too expensive, they would hire
> someone else, especially in this market. Nobody forces people to pay
> them big bucks.

The detail in there is obviously that what a client pays for a TUSC consultant is NOT what that consultant gets paid by TUSC. But that's only a minor detail that escaped your analysis? And which invalidates your generalisation below in the context of TUSC?

> Hence, ceteris parabus, I would say that the $180k/yr DBA is definitely
> more qualified than the $30k/yr DBA.

That is most definitely true. Note: DBA. Not TUSC DBA. There is a difference. BTW, in another post the TUSC DBA got paid 150K. Now it's 180K. Does RN know you gave all of them a raise?

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Mon Jun 23 2003 - 23:44:18 CDT