Informatica Powercenter Number Datatype Default - It Overrides Declaration in Oracle

From: Gort Klaatu Barada Nickto <hulkhogandude_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2003 12:33:56 -0700

We are using Powercenter as our ETL tool and ran into a problem. Our Oracle 8.1.7.4 Database has around 500 columns defined as NUMBER with no precision specified. The Informatica Server sees converts this to NUMBER(15,0) thus eliminating any decimal precision in the columns. Is there any way around this problem other than redefining all 500 of our columns with a specific decimal preceision? TIA,
Hulkster Received on Mon Jun 23 2003 - 14:33:56 CDT