Re: Authors Wanted - WHOIS itc2.org???

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:24:32 -0700

aaron.abercromby_at_jediknight3.org wrote:

> From eNom.com's WHOIS server:
>
> Organization Name DNC Corp
> First Name Dennis
> Last Name Flanders
> Address 1 1309 140th Place NE
> Address 2
> City Bellevue
> StateProvince NA
> PostalCode 98007
> Country US
> Phone 425-649-0808
> Fax none
> EmailAddress
>
> Item Value
> created-date:
> nameserver: ns.entryhost.com
> ns2.entryhost.com
> ns3.entryhost.com
> registrar: 5065-EN
> registration-expiration-date:
> status:
> updated-by: admin
> updated-date:
>
> He posts to UseNet under the same name he registers his domain with. That
> doesnt raise any red flags with me.
> But I think the premise of his site is BS.
> But thats just my two cents and we know what opinions are like...
>
> Good luck Dennis, maybe more certs in the world is the answer to the paper
> certified problems
>
> -AA
>
> "Geomancer" <pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Wow! What an opportunity!
> >
> > I'm working on a book right now, titled "How to write good".
> >
> > But seriously, this is another one of these scams, where they entice
> > would-be authors, get them to send-in material, and then stiff the
> > writers.
> >
> > Note that there were on "real" names mentioned, no website, and only
> > anon e-mail addresses.

ITC2 is located in Bellevue, Washington and I have personally met with the two principles. They seem to be sincere
but I have not had enough contact with them to feel comfortable, at this time, rendering an opinion one way or the
other.

What I can say is that it takes two pieces to make a certification worth the paper on which it is printed. First the
certification must have meaning. Those that have it "must" actually be capable of doing the job for which they are
certified. Another piece of paper backed by nothing of substance will have no value.

The second piece is that employers must recognize the certification, and those that possess it, to have value. The
certificates awarded by my program at the University of Washington are recognized as being of value both because of the quality of students that graduate and the reputation of a major university.

The ITC2 certification, should it someday exist, will have to meet both criteria. At this point I do not have enough information to, as I said above, render an opinion.

If further contacts with this group lead me to believe there is something here I will post something to that effect.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu