Re: Interesting info about Oracle

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:46:26 GMT

Miss Cleo (the telephone "psychic") can't even do that well. (she should be calling you just before you think about calling her. <grin>) Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure
"Burton Peltier" <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> I also experienced the round-the-clock support assistance on a down
> production system on another problem back in 1998 .
>
> Anyway, the main reason I mentioned the more recent experience below was
the
> timing of the entry of the iTAR and then a call on my cell phone from an
> Oracle analyst.
>
> I entered the iTAR ... providing supervisor contact numbers for a down
> production system category. Made a quick call which took 1 minute. While
> walking down the hall to the Sysadmin's office, my cell phone went off
with
> the call from Oracle. I was shocked that I got the call that quick!
>
> The time from entry of the iTAR to the time of a call was like 2 to 3
> minutes.
>
> I don't see how you could get much quicker than that .
>
> --
>
> "Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com> wrote in message
> > I have to echo Burton's experience with Oracle. At one point I worked
for
> > small start up. We used Oracle in our application and we were
> encountering
> > a serious bug. (crashed the server randomly) If we did not fix the
defect
> > then we were out of business. I worked with Oracle support round the
> clock
> > and around the world. They were nothing if not professional and
helpful.
> > It was a complex problem but we were able to find that it was in the
RDBMS