Re: Arrghh!!

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:56:20 +1000

"Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message news:bd6icb$5kr$1_at_ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...

> Fix one problem and then you run smack into another one.

Urh-uh-uh-uh!
Know exactly what u mean..

> In the meantime I have production jobs that fail. Ones that never have
> failed before with an ORA-00600. The instance itself is unchanged. Been
> patched to 8.1.7.4 last year - no other changes (except dealing with larger
> volumes of data than before).
>
> Bigger indexes on bigger tables, and using compression btw, on the _same_
> instance work fine. Not a single ORA-00600 except for two specific tables
> on that instance.
>
> Any ideas? DBMS_REPAIR?

Perish the thought! In production?
Only as a last resort!

Can you change the pattern of index creation? Like adding a harmless column to the end of the index, to try and change the trigger for the bug?

Other than that, maybe partitioning? Again, trying to change what triggers the darn thing.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto