SELECT currentlyExecutingFunctionName FROM somewhere

From: Gary Holdham II <fredfred560_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2003 02:17:39 -0700

Hi, the following procedure prints out 'test_procedure', which is the currently executing procedure name. The problem is I have to hard-code it. Is there a way to retrieve the currently executing procedure/function name (I am wanting this for an error-trapping piece of code, to include the procedure/function name in an RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR operation).
Thank you
Gary

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE test_procedure AS  BEGIN
  DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('test_procedure');  END;