Re: Compatibility between ORACLE8.0.4 and Windows2000

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2003 00:47:48 -0700

NoSPAM_at_pacbell.net wrote in message news:<b5kcfvo06gnu859plgs5cjkf58efi666j3_at_4ax.com>...
> I was having these same problems with Oracle 8.0.4 until I found a way
> to get it working on Windows 2000 Server. As stated above, first get
> Oracle Installer 3.3.1.2.4 or the patch that fixes this problem and
> install it. Make sure that you have a clean un-install of any previous
> oracle 8.0.4 installations, there were some entries in the Windows
> registry that were giving me problems, and I was also having errors
> just installing Oracle 8.0.4 components in any order. But, after much
> trial and error, I found a sequence of installing Oracle 8.0.4
> components that was successful:
>
> 1. First, install the Net8 component.
> 2. Then, install the Oracle 8 database component.
> 3. After that install any other components.
>
> This was the only way that I could get Oracle 8.0.4 installed and
> working. Of course, I am only using it for development purposes, not
> on a loaded production system.
>
> - Michael D. Grapevine
> - HappieDudeX_at_pacbell.net

IMO, developing applications on a version of Oracle that was full of bugs, and was desupported several years aqgo, and has not been certified for Win2k, should be deemed UNprofessional. Hopefully no one is buying your 'applications'

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Jun 23 2003 - 02:47:48 CDT