Re: Oracle9iAS amd domains

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 05:59:17 +0300

Hi!

IFS is for storing files, not for building intranet. If you want to have file server, which is also able to serve files using several protocols (WebDAV etc..), then yes, you can use IFS.

But I suggest you to do strong stress testing and not just for hour, but for days. I had several (performance) problems with IFS, eventually moved away from it, when a virus hit our office and started crawling through IFS file structure - after that IFS stopped working normally and couldn't be repaired either..

After that I concluded - regular files should stay on regular file server.

Of course now the versions might be more mature, but I've not seen Oracle promoting it for some time, maybe they've abandoned it like they did with InterOffice several years ago ;)

Tanel.