Re: ORA-12560: TNS: Protocol Adapter Error

From: Arcangelo <xxx_at_yyy.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 05:35:56 +1000

From one of your earlier posts, I see that the error is thrown immediately you invoke server manager.

Use of server manager, even in 8i, is deprecated. Use SQL Plus instead.

Because server manager used to be the only tool capable of performing privileged actions, I suspect it's got something to do with the way you are authenticating yourself as a privileged user. Have you checked the memberships of the relevant ORA_DBA local group? Do you perhaps have ORA_sid_DBA groups? And if so, are you correctly the member of both ORA_CUST1_DBA as well as ORA_DEMO_DBA??

;-)