SQL*Loader in direct path load

From: viktor <vikingil_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2003 05:56:04 -0700

Hi All,
I have the following problem.
We are using SQL*Loader in conventional mode. I want to use the direct mode in order to improve the performance. Does any one can tell me if there are any problems with the following: 1. Issuing select / insert/ delete on the table (which has index) during the direct path load operation?
2. Is the SQL loader operation is atomic from user point of view meaning might he receive partial data from the load when performing "select" during the index update / high-water mark update? If not how can it be modified to be atomic? Should I use staging tables? and How do I use them - I happened to stumble about this issue in one article but I don't know how it works (yet :-) ). 3. If there is no way to make SQL loader operation atomic how can user be prevented from accessing to the table during the load? 4. I think users might need to remove old / bad data from time to time might it cause problems during direct path load operation. 5. Any other known problems when using SQL*Loader? Thanks ,
Viktor Received on Sun Jun 22 2003 - 07:56:04 CDT