Re: "Noons" aka "Pinto DeSoto"??? [was Re: Where can I get a complete list of all SQL Hints?]

From: TM <tonym101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2003 04:03:46 -0700

coldrainandsnow_at_lycos.com (Jitendra Patel) wrote in message news:<7610580f.0306211633.253141ca_at_posting.google.com>...

> > Who is Pinto DeSoto anyway? Is he well known in the Oracle world?
>
> Nope. He has not published any articles in Oracle Magazine or OTN,
> and Amazon shows no books.
>
> But Noons, he is famous in another way. On our chat group he is
> source of amusement and fun. There is fans of Nuno Pinto du Souto who
> follow him, know his hobbies (woodworking with old tools, politics),
> even cars and wines he likes. But best are the remarks. Every time
> he posts something wrong and haughty, we ridicule, learn and laugh.
>
> It's like a fan club, except we mock him.

Hmmmm, more like a cult I think, what with its dodgy recruiting tactics. Consider: you post a perfectly moderate message to the newsgroup, get flamed by its leader Reverend Noons, and so feel compelled to defend your views in a downward spiral of replies to replies to replies....

TM Received on Sun Jun 22 2003 - 06:03:46 CDT