Re: Plagiarism

From: John <SeeMessageBody_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:17:09 GMT

"Marc Blum" wrote:
> what pisses me off: seeing the ideas and concepts I developed three years
ago in
> another app *without any evolution*. They take it and use it (hey, I'm
payed for
> providing it) but they don't understand it and will never take it to new
levels.

A few years ago I made a nice web page on how to set up MySQL on Windows. It was concise and dense with useful information not available elsewhere and included a simulated Windows command prompt window with commands and my own annotations. I did an occasional Google search and was pleased that it came out on top of the heap of search results.

One day another search result was above mine, so I clicked to see if it was any good. It was a glossy web-zine and some young lady had STOLEN my words wholesale and presented them as her own! No reference to me or my page; she presented my words as hers. Shocking. I can't remember if I sent a complaint to that site, or just let it go.

Oracle Certified DBA (8i, 9i)

Feel free to mail me: workingstiff19
...and that's at hotmail. Received on Sat Jun 21 2003 - 13:17:09 CDT