Re: Installing Oracle 11.5.8 on Mandrake

From: Dave Williams <davetati_at_dsli.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:24:22 -0400

Tanel,

Thanks for the idea. In fact what I did was to let the install run through until it fails at the normal place. I then ran the final 3 scripts manually and they all ran fine, no problems. I have already checked the env variables and they are the same. I also adjusted the kernel settings so everything should have worked. No idea why the scripts fail when calling from adrundb.sh, but they do. Anyway, after I ran the scripts manually I then 're-tried' the install and changed the adrundb.sh script to comment out running the 3 scripts that I had already ran manually. This did the trick and the installation is continuing. Hopefully there will be no more problems...but who can tell :-)

Thanks again.
Dave.
"Tanel Poder" <tanel@@peldik.com> wrote in message news:3ef3a742_1_at_news.estpak.ee...
> Hi!
>
> > It seems that program: adcrdb.sh fails due to an ORA-12547:TNS:Lost
> > connection error. Strange thing is that I can run the adcrdb.sh
manually
> > and it works fine, but there is no way to get the installer to continue.
> > You can either abort the install or retry. Selecting Retry goes all the
> way
> > back to disc 1. The problem occurs at disc 11.
>
> You might want to modify the adcrdb.sh script to save the environment
> settings to a text file when installer runs it and then compare it to your
> "normal" env. variables under which the adcrdb.sh runs ok.
>
> Are you sure that when you run adcrdb.sh manually, the operations are
> executed the same way and with same parameters? One example is the
TWO_TASK