Re: Which HA Solution allows to have least downtime while having oracle upgrades/patches

From: Svend Jensen <svend.jensen_at_it.dk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 12:04:38 +0200

Simple, no HA solution allows for zero downtime while upgrading, patching and so forth.
A matter of fact: more complexity => more dependency => more downtime. Simplicity is beatifull (and fast).

Pick a simple solution, and you have more uptime.

My personal favour is (delayed) hot standby on identical systems.

rgds
/Svend Jensen