Re: Interesting info about Oracle

From: Svend Jensen <Svend_SPAMKILL__at_OracleCare.Com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:53:34 +0200

I believe You can find negative information on any larger software company (and freeware/open ware too)

The point is:

Set Your priority.

Go for low prize and open community support (if any or whatever) or go for high prize, high profile, good support and somebody You can nail and sue if the need arrives.

It is a matter of how important the apps is, uptime, support, bugs ....

On my scale, Oracle is not perfect, but they are much closer to my needs and what I expect from a commercial software company - than many others, including MicroSoft (the most lousy support - ever), IBM (lot of talks - but few actions, or *WE[IBM] HAVE TESTED*; an found no ....), Cisco (a dark hole?, if you are not dealer/associated something), just to mention a few.

Rgds

Svend Jensen