Re: RAID 1 & Oracle problems?

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2003 14:45:57 -0700

"Randy Nichols" <randynichols_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<YGHIa.56503$Io.5359985_at_newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

> A potential customer related that they heard Oracle had problems with RAID 1
> configurations.  I have not been aware of any issue with RAID 1.  Has anyone
> heard anything like that?

Randy,

the issue with "RAID 1" is that it only requires 2 drives and one single channel controller to implement - and it can be implemented in software, rather than hardware. The term does not describe in detail a multitude of other factors.

"RAID 1" only denotes that the drives will be mirrored. It describes nothing about the following items:
- use of duplexing (multiplexing) across controllers

have fun.

Pd Received on Fri Jun 20 2003 - 16:45:57 CDT