Re: Conencting Java to Oracle instance

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:05:09 GMT

Peter wrote:

> I would like to connect our Java applications to an Oracle instance on
> Win200 Server. What type of drivers(type 1,2) do I need? Where can I
> find them?

You need the drivers (either type 1, or 2 or 4) that suit your application. Please read the JDBC discussion at any competent Java site, such as http://java.sun.com or http://otn.oracle.com (go to the Java link found at the top of the left side menu) to help you decide which driver is appropriate.

For the software - start at OTN (http://otn.oracle.com), click on "Download Software", look for "JDBC drivers"

(With all the discussions you've initiated in the past few weeks & all the pointers to OTN for the answers, I admit complete surprise that you haven't seen these links on OTN yet?) Received on Fri Jun 20 2003 - 16:05:09 CDT