Re: 9i Enterprise on Windows XP Home?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:42:57 GMT

John wrote:

> Come again? You ARE running enterprize on XP home? Do you have
> evidence that the Enterprize edition is indeed installed on you
> machine? My experience is that Personal edition will be installed even
> if you select the enterprize option during installation.

Don't know about the XP Home part, but according to the "Oracle9i Database - A Family of Products" document at otn, there is no functional difference between Personal and Enterprise. There are no limits to the number of concurrent instances that can be run and there are no differences between the options either - except that RAC can not be installed. Personal appears to be a license variant only.

So what does it matter? Received on Fri Jun 20 2003 - 13:42:57 CDT