Re: Oracle triggers not always firing

From: Phil Kaufman <philk_at_dbcsmartsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:51:13 -0400

Make sure your database objects are 'VALID'. We have this same problem where PowerBuilder has this annoyance where it will not recompile invalid database objects upon use. I don't recall what happens for triggers, but I remember for Functions, for example, PowerBuilder simple skips the inline SQL function call.

I wish I could give you a workaround, but other than recompiling invalid objects, I don't know of any. Sorry.

HTH Phil

"Lisa McGrath" <lmcgrath_at_uwsa.edu> wrote in message news:3EF3026A.A1B4BD5B_at_uwsa.edu...

> Jim,
>
> thanks for the reply. The transaction is committing. I can check the
table the
> next day and the updates are there, so the commit must work, but the
changes
> that should have been made by the trigger are not there.
>
> Lisa
>
> Jim Kennedy wrote:
>
> > Are you committing? The triggers always fire.
> > Jim
> >
> > --
> > Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
> > with family. Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign. You can
figure
> > it out.
> > "Lisa McGrath" <lmcgrath_at_uwsa.edu> wrote in message
> > > I'm having problems with Oracle triggers firing when using
Powerbuilder.