restricting use of job queues

From: Rob Cowell <rjc4687_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:05:19 +0100

We're using Discoverer batch processes which schedule using DBMS_JOB. To prevent too many running at any one time I've set job_queue_processes to just 2. However now I want to start regular materialized view refreshes but some Discoverer jobs take more than an hour to run and hold onto the job queue process. I'm not sure that resource groups are going to help here, I've never had much luck with them though! Any thoughts? This is all on 8.1.7.4 btw. Thanks. Received on Fri Jun 20 2003 - 06:05:19 CDT