Re: ORA-02272 and Storage Constraints

From: suntac <suntacNOSPAMPLEASE_at_dds.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:47:00 +0200

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:40:31 +0200, suntac <suntacNOSPAMPLEASE_at_dds.nl> wrote:

>I am trying to create a new table containing a LONG column. I get a
>ORA-02272 (constrained column cannot be of LONG datatype) There is No
>constrain on this column but there is a constrain on Storage.
>
>A Constraints Storage can this prevent me of creating a LONG column?
>Where can I edit a Storage Constraints?
>
>Thanks a lot already.
>
>Regards,
>Johan

Found the solution already with some playing with some options. It must be able to be NULL if you tell the database it is inpossible to be NULL you get the ORA-02272.

On the other hand I wonder, is it possible that storage constraints prevent you from creating a column of a specific datatype?

Regards,
Johan. Received on Fri Jun 20 2003 - 05:47:00 CDT