Re: trigger from signing on?

From: Rainer Herbst <rherbst__at__rz.uni-potsdam.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:28:22 +0200

see below

Regards!
Rainer Herbst

SPIDERMAN wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. Sorry I wasn't being clearer. The client wants to
> approach the web-based application from the current VB6 application, so yes,
> I think that's where we are heading, perhaps toward Java centric apps. I
> know I can use servlet to connect to Oracle then make a query then fire the
> necessary alert, but I am exploring the options now. If the connection is
> made via a web application, how would you do it from what you discussed?
> steps by steps instructions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Connection handling is different for web applications. A connection might be established everytime a servlet is called, or, with connection pooling, even before the servlet is called ... Further, often for connecting a web application to the RDBMS, the application has an own schema/user account in the db, which will be different from your users login to the application. You could not rely on logon triggers in the case of a web application!