Re: wiping out an oracle installation (8i)

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:22:43 +0000

Guido Konsolke wrote:

> I couldn't imagine that you were a racist.

I think we're are all closest racists in some form or another.

> By the way: I would advise you to taste
> better german beer if you'll get the chance.
> The best one can say about the Bavarian beer is:
> it's famous. ;-)

I worked with two German experts from the Oracle/Siemens Competance Centre in Munich (OPS 7.3 on a Pyramid cluster) back in the mid 90's. They were absolutely crazy about a local beer we have called Castle. I think of it a chemical brew that taste like crap. They otoh could not understand why I like Bavarian beer (even the strong ones - I was there in Munich during the Strong Beer Festivals too ;-).

Same thing happened in the US. I find Budd not bad at all and better than the commercial beer sold locally. My US friends feel about Budd the way I feel about Castle..

But, there's IMO an umistaken quality in beer brewn according to the Reinheits Gebot.

So as the Bavarians say..

gruss gott!

--
Billy