Re: select user from dual - performance issue

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:58:09 +0000

Agree. But it should be negligble in this case I think. The poster however said:

>> But this is not for every user in the database the case.
>> Why ?

I.e. depending on the schema it is running from, there is a noticable difference in performance.

Which is why I responded that it does not make sense.

Without same data to back the original poster's problem description, I think we will all just be guessing as to what the actual problem is and how to solve it.

--
Billy