Re: Index Compression clause

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:50:38 +0000

rs wrote:

> Conclusion: don't mix compressed with non-compressed partitions
> in 1 index; it doens't work very long and is complicated to fix.
> Also got ORA-07445 on it; fixed by rebuilding.

Thanks for the comments Roelof.

What I find weird is that I use index compression in a couple of schemas. Only the indexes in one of those schemas are now causing errors. Or seems to.

Also, this error is not new. It has been happening intermittantly since last year.. maybe once every 2 or 3 months without any consequences (i.e. the batch app did not crash & burn as a result). I patched to 8.1.7.4 and the problem seemed to have disappeared.

Now suddenly it is happenning constantly. And the batch app goes down in flames.

Did a rebuild and removed the compression. Will see how it goes today..

> good luck

Thanks. Need that. Month-end processing has been grade B horror movies these last few months. :-)

--
Billy