Re: Does a commit cause a checkpoint?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 03:20:49 GMT

Dave Hau wrote:

> It takes time to understand how Oracle works. Please don't be so harsh.

I am well aware of the time required to bootstrap a new Oracle DBA. (And I sincerely thank you for the gentle reminder.)

Over the past several weeks, I have watched Peter's questions. He has some very good questions, and some are actually very advanced. But there is something very basic missing or mis-understood (as seen by this question) and I'm very interested in understanding why - one question is "Is he using defective reading / instructional material?" It is very frustrating to me to see someone sooooo close, and yet not quite there.

[note to self - take a deep breath, count 1 .... 2.... ]

And finally - I acknowledge that it takes a certain skill to be able to read Oracle's documentation. I really wish someone >could< define and package that skill into a course. Other than that, my technique is: use OTN's online document search to find the references to a keyword, read the likely section, and probably re-read 3 times until it sinks in (and sometimes it hits bedrock before it gets in!). Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 22:20:49 CDT