Re: Where can I get a complete list of all SQL Hints?

From: TM <tonym101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2003 18:30:18 -0700

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:<3eeb195c$0$16255$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...

> For the same reason SQL Server, Sybase
> and DB2 have the same feature: the CBO is NOT
> so great.

DB2 doesn't have hints. At least, not DB2 UDB For Multiplatforms

(UNIX, Linux, Windows, OS/2)... i.e. the common code base flavour
that's gobbling market share.  DB2 UDB is widely recognised as having
the leading optimizer though.  Oracle still needs hints because it's
playing catch up.

Believe DB2 For OS/390 has some feature once billed as vaguely akin to "hints" but which in fact involves storing the hint in the catalog. Maybe that's what you meant. This still doesn't involve coding hints into your SQL though.

TM Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 20:30:18 CDT