Re: How to Forbid sqlplus connecting to ORACLE

From: Pawan <pawanputrahanuman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2003 17:59:41 -0700

Grant. You will need to embed the security of the application in the database it self. Let users get into the applications through Stored procedures and grant execute on these SPs to the users. users can then never use SQL Plus or any third party tool -- Access etc through ODBC to get into the application Hope this helps.