Re: metalink

From: Dave Hau <davehau_nospam_123_at_nospam_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:52:31 GMT

My understanding is:

  1. You need to buy both a license and a support contract in order to access metalink.
  2. Depending on what license you have, access may be restricted in metalink. For example, if you have a license to the standard edition of Oracle, then all the articles on metalink related to features specific to the Enterprise edition will not be accessible. However, the patches you can download are not specific to standard/enterprise edition, i.e. even with a standard edition license, the patch you download will still work on an enterprise edition server.

HTH. Cheers,
Dave