Re: Archived redo logs

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:10:18 +0200

On 18 Jun 2003 08:38:38 GMT, Jurjen Oskam <joskam_at_quadpro.stupendous.org> wrote:

>The reason I ask is because in our current setup all files in that directory
>are backed up and deleted, *except* for the most current file. The reasoning
>for this is that the most current file might still be written to. I'm not
>sure this reasoning is correct.

this is exactly why you should issue an alter system switch logfile and alter system archivelog all prior to backup the archived redolog files, so you don't need to use this procedure.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 12:10:18 CDT